This article Applies From:
The following guide is designed to give instructions on how to install DeMeter devices/software as well as defining any requirements that it may need.
DeMeter is a multichannel, visual management system used to track the performance and efficiency of a manufacturing environment and present it to users using dashboards, desktop devices and mobile devices. The platform has a plug and play design. It is easy to set-up, install and configure for the everyday user.
DeMeter is suitable for the Windows platform. The DeMeter service can be installed on any Windows platform that fulfills the installation requirements listed within this document. Once DeMeter services are installed on the server, applicable clients can connect to the service(s) and their data can then be displayed on dashboard displays. Configuration of the service(s) can be modified by using secured, compatible web browsers.
The software can be installed on any machine (virtual or physical) that meets the below minimum specifications.
DeMeter Service(s) Minimum Requirements
Windows Server 2019
8 Cores / 2GHz (64-bit)
32 GB DD3
DRIM 8 GB (615 927 9170)
When running, DeMeter Service(s) require certain ports to be open in order to operate normally. Please see below for required network ports and information about their purpose/configuration.
|1664||TCP||"DeMeter BI" Service Usage|
|1883||TCP||Facilitates communication between DeMeter Service(s) and tightening products|
|1980||TCP||"DeMeter FMService#" Service Usage|
|8666||TCP||"DeMeter DB" Service Usage|
Before running the DeMeter platform, ensure you have installed and are planning on using a compatible browser software and version. The following browsers are supported for both the DeMeter Configurator and DeMeter dashboards.
|Chrome 45 +||Firefox 38 +||Edge 12 +||Opera 30 +||Internet Explorer Not Supported|
- Download the latest version of the DeMeter platform
|To download the latest version of the software contact support.|
- Insert your DRIM (615 927 9170) into the host machine of the DeMeter platform.
- Open the installer by double-clicking on DeMeter_X.X.X.X_setup.exe. You should see something like this:
- Start the installer by clicking on 'Install'.
- Once you have finished installing, you should see the following services running in the Services menu of Windows.
DeMeter licensing is managed by the usage of feature management. By inserting a DRIM (615 927 9170), the software is unlocked for usage. The value of a configuration is calculated as each setting is enable or disable and as new devices are connected to. The inserted DRIM (615 927 9170) must contain an adequate amount of UV to unlock/use this configuration in order for DeMeter to operate.
To find more information about how to create configurations in DeMeter try reading our Learn the Basics section
DeMeter Assistant is a mobile application that allows users to send and receive status information about production monitored by the Demeter service. Users are notified of any issues reported by the DeMeter Service(s), these users can also assign themselves to the issues to ensure they are resolved by the persons with correct competences.
Supported Mobile Operating Systems
Before beginning to install the DeMeter Assistant mobile application, ensure you have a mobile device with a compatible mobile operating system and version. See below:
|Android 6 +||iOS Not Supported|
- Download the DeMeter Assistant application package (.apk)
To get a download link for the DeMeter Assistant application, contact support
- Transfer the .apk file to your device's internal/external storage depending on what device you are using
- On your device, open "Setting » Security » Unknown Source
'Security menu' on stock Android (Left), 'Lock screen and security menu' on Samsung devices (Right).
- Check the option so that your device allows installation of applications from other sources than the Play Store.
- Go to your storage device, select the DeMeter Assistant application(.apk) and install it.
- After installing the DeMeter Assistant mobile application, open it by clicking on the "DeMeter Assistant" tile.