This Article Applies From:
CVI Fusion --
Infinity Client --
Infinity Module --
Core Services --
CVI Net Web 3.6.x
The following articles covers the architecture of all components within the CVI Net Web Platform and how they operate together.
The CVI Net Web platform consists of three major components that are required in order to collect, store and retrieve tightening results from applicable tool controllers.
- CVI Net (collector) Service = Responsible for connecting to tightening controllers and inserting tightening result into a connected database.
- CVI Net Web (viewer) Service = Responsible for providing an interface that users can view to generate reports, export results etc.
- Centralised Database = Centralised relational database used to store tightening results, user information and other important information.
Additionally, it is possible to also have other additional components installed that can be configured for added functionality:
- CVI Notifier = Responsible for providing desktop and email notification when issues arise on controllers connected to CVI Net Service.
- Open Protocol Adapter = Responsible for translating tightening results from supported non-Open Protocol tightening controllers to a standard format which can be inserted into the database by CVI Net Service.
|1||Tightening controllers communicate with the CVI Net Service via an Ethernet network.|
|2||CVI Net (Collector) Service collects tightening results from connected controllers and stores them in a connected database. User of the CVI Net Service can view it's activity through the CVI Net Monitor application.|
|3||Centralised Microsoft SQL or MySQL database|
|4||CVI Net Web (Viewer) Service is hosted by an Application Server in order to allow it to run properly. This application server is "GlassFish" and can be found running inside of the Services of the installed machine as "domain1 Glassfish Server".|
|5||CVI Net Web (Viewer) Service acts a user interface for user so that can view results, curves, statistics etc. Access is managed via http - see here|
|6||CVI Notifier connects to the CVI Net (Collector) Service via TCP/IP.|