Created on: Thu, 20 Oct, 2022 at 12:18 PM
Modified on: Wed, 25 Jan, 2023 at 3:41 PM
This Article Applies From:
Note: Older versions of this article exists. Click 'Other Applicable Versions' to see all versions of this document.
The following guide is designed to give instructions on how to upgrade Pivotware devices/software as well as defining any additional components they may need in order to perform optimally.
1- CVI Fusion
When installing or upgrading, CVI Fusion uses a standard Windows Installer making it an easy operation to do.
It is recommended that you check that you have adequate permissions to install programs on the machine you are running the update procedure on.
CVIFusion, CoreService and CoreService database scheme version must all be compatible with each other.
Contact remote support to retrieve latest software versions and Database update scripts.
- Download the latest version of CVI Fusion
- Double click on the CVI Fusion installer
- Go through the installer wizard.
By default, the installation directory is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Desoutter\CVI Fusion" during the installer process, as a result any new version being installed will overwrite the old one.
To have more than one version of CVI Fusion installed on one machine, please contact support
If you are using Core Service, be sure to run the Core Service upgrade before starting CVI Fusion.
2- Core Services
We advise, before running CoreService upgrade procedure, to always do a Database backup, and check that the generated backup can be restored.
Furthermore, depending on the requirements, we always advise to first run the database update script (see 2.2) before running the Core Service upgrade.
2.1 - Database Upgrade Procedure
- Download the SQL Database Update script.
|Please contact support to get the database update scripts required for your system.|
2.2 - Core Service Upgrade Procedure
- Download the latest version of Core Services
3- Infinity Client
3.1 - Pre- requisites
Infinity Client is a standalone Windows application; a built-in upgrade procedure is available to upgrade the software since v6.7 in order to make upgrades quick easy. All you need to have the new version of Infinity Client stored on a connected USB Memory Stick.
The software upgrade requires the person running it to have the PivotWare Administrator privileges (refer to the creating and managing users article if needed).
The procedure applies for version 7.1 and above.
For upgrading an existing PivotWare system from version 6 to version 7, get in touch with remote support to get the exact procedure.
3.2 - Update procedures
- Download the latest version of Infinity Client
- Extract the .exe file from the downloaded ZIP and copy it to the root of an USB key. See snapshot below:
- Plug the USB Stick into your Infinity Client device
- On the Infinity Client application, go to the system options
- Click the Manage Firmware button.
- Click Applying New Firmware.
- Select the firmware version to load from the Manage Firmware interface then click OK.
The update procedure runs automatically then launches the Infinity Software.
3.3 - Additional installations
4- Infinity Module
Infinity Module is a standalone Windows application; a built-in upgrade procedure is available to upgrade the software since v6.19 in order to make upgrade with jut the new version of Infinity Client stored on a connected USB Memory Stick.
- Download the latest version of Infinity Module
- Load the Infinity Module folder on to a USB stick in the root like seen below:
- Plug the USB Stick into your Infinity Module device
- On the Infinity Module application, go to the system options
- You should see that 'Apply New Firmware' is now available
- Click Apply New Firmware