This Article Applies From:
Other Applicable Versions
This article detail PivotWare softwares installation procedure at your facility. It focuses exclusively on the following software:
- Infinity Software.
- Infinity Module.
TABLE OF CONTENTS1- Pre- requisites 2- Network requirements 3- Installing CVIFusion and CoreService 4- Infinity Client and Infinity Module installation 4-2 Infinity Client installation 4-4 Additional installation steps
1- Pre- requisites
1-1 Suggested readings
You may find the following articles useful before starting with the installation of the PivotWare softwares:
- PivotWare overview: PivotWare architecture.
- PivotWare hardware requirements: hardware requirements.
- MSSQL installation procedure: database installation procedure (though the article first purpose is to detail the installation procedure for CVINet, MSSQL installation procedure remains the same).
- Database installation procedure: refer to our managing pivotware database article
1-2 System State
- A NTP server is available to keep the time synchronized over the whole system. While not mandatory, it will ensure that any information logged across your factory (either traceability or system logs used for troubleshooting) is consistent time wise.
- All stations dedicated to run the various PivotWare system match the hardware requirements provided by DESOUTTER. Do not hesitate in contacting our should you need any confirmation about your hardware.
2- Network requirements
PivotWare requires a number of ports to be opened and permitted to operate.
Find for each specific software which port needs to be opened, alongside a short explanation of each port's purpose.
2-1 Infinity Client
|2620||TCP||Legacy Infinity Builder communication||Yes (*)|
|2620||TCP||Infinity Module (Builder) communication||Yes|
|2630||TCP||Infinity Module (Tracker) communication||Yes|
|7750||TCP||Core Service (QMS) communication - mandatory when using Shared Steps.||Yes|
|7760||TCP||Core Service (Engine) communication - mandatory for centralised traceability.||Yes|
|8036||TCP||Communication between CVIFusion and Infinity Client (via REST API).|
This port is necessary for configuration transfer.
|8080||TCP||Port dedicated to Infinity Client local traceability.||Yes|
|9010||TCP||Port dedicated for Plug-in API.||No|
|-||ICMP||Allows Infinity Client to monitor the connection status with CoreService, Infinity Module (Builder - Tracker) and DeMeter.||No|
2-2 Infinity Module
|8037||TCP||Communication between CVIFusion and Infinity Client (via REST API).|
This port is necessary for configuration transfer.
|8734||TCP||Port dedicated for communication between CVIFusion and CoreService.||Yes|
Note: CoreService is setup as the server for all communication with the following software:
Port 1433 needs to be opened on the server running the MSSQL database for CVIFusion and CoreService to connect to it.
It is mandatory for the database used by CoreService to be dedicated to said application.
If you require additional data to be stored to database, it is important to keep it separate from the one used by CoreServie
3- Installing CVIFusion and CoreService
CVIFusion has two working modes:
- Off-line: all configuration files are saved locally on the computer running the CVIFusion software. Traceability data is also locally stored to the Infinity Software stations.
- On-line: configuration is saved to a dedicated database, alongside traceability data. CoreService software is also installed to retrieve from the Infinity Client software all relevant production data.
Please refer to the following article for setting CVIFusion working mode.
CVIFusion and CoreService versions should always match : check for the Database scheme version matching the target CVIFUsion and CoreService you wish to install.
|CVIFusion / CoreService version|
Database scheme version
|7.9 and above||220.127.116.11|
|7.7 - 7.8||18.104.22.168|
|7.2 to 7.6||22.214.171.124 / 126.96.36.199 / 188.8.131.52|
|7.0 - 7.1||184.108.40.206 / 220.127.116.11|
|6.19 to 6.23||18.104.22.168 / 22.214.171.124|
3-2 CVIFusion software installation
- Downolad the latest version of CVIFusion. Please to get the download link.
- Once you have downloaded the installer, simply run it by double-clicking on the downloaded file. You should see something like this:
- Run through the installer by clicking on 'Next'.
- CVI Fusion should open automatically at the end of the installation:
- Download the latest version of CoreService. Please to get the download link.
- Run the installer by double clicking on the downloaded file. You should see the following:
- Run through the installer by clicking 'Next'.
The Desoutter - Core Service should automatically be started: this can be checked by opening the Services menu from the Windows start menu.
4- Infinity Client and Infinity Module installation
4-1 User's account settings
When running, Infinity Client and Infinity Module applications require certain parameters to be set on the host machine to operate normally.
The following settings explain what is configured on a Desoutter-Supplied Panel PC.
|User Account||PivotWare||A local administrator account which has full control to all folders of Windows.|
|User Account Control||Never notify||User Account control set to turner off in order to deter Windows from showing notifications when accessing administrator level ressources.||Infinity CLient HMI can be blocked when these notifications appear.|
|Domain||None Set||No domain is added by default as each customer's domain requirements and settings differ.||Domain and group policies can affect user permissions on a local machine.|
Any added domain user should still retain Full Control permissions on the working directories of Infinity Client - C:\ProgramData\Desoutter.
4-2 Infinity Client installation
4-2-1 Installation Procedure
Insert any text required here
- Run the Infinity Client installer by double-clicking "v7.x.x.x_InfinityClient_setup.exe".
- Click on Install in the window that opens.
- After the installer has finished, Infinity Client is available as an installed application.
- Start the software. It should look like below after loading:
4-2-2 Troubleshooting: most common error messages
See below a list of the most common error messages that can be raised after installation and loading a process:
|Error Message ||Icon Displayed ||Resolution |
|PRIM is disconnected ||Plug Infinity ONE into the Panel PC.|
|Not enough UV ||Add more UV to the Infinity ONE. Refer to Managing UV and Features - Rebalancing UV article or contact if needed.|
|Following features are not active ||Activate the listed features inside of the CVI Fusion for them to be functional in Infinity Client. Refer to Managing UV and Features - Feature Management for the exact procedure.|
4-3 Infinity Module installation
- Run the Infinity Client installer by double-clicking "v7.x.x.x_InfinityModule_setup.exe".
- Click on Install.
After the installer has finished, Infinity is available as an installed application.After loading, it should look like below:
4-4 Additional installation steps
4-4-1 PivotWare Windowing option
Infinity Client software when launched prevents notifications and other applications to be brought to the forefront of the PC.It is however possible to change this setting. To do so, please follow below procedure:
- Right click on the Infinity Client or Infinity Module shortcut sitting on your Panel PC Windows Desktop.
- In the Shortcut tab, add Windowed at the end of the Target field.
- Click Apply for the changes to take effect.
The client software (Infinity Client or Infinity Module) will start in Windowed mode at the next startup.
4-4-2 Additional drivers
Some additional drivers may have to be installed depending on the assets your process uses.
This is the case for:
- Phoenix IO module: please refer to PivotWare Asset list - IO module section and integrating asset article.
- Positioning arm: please refer to the corresponding configuration article for additional details.
Please contact support for additional information or download material if required.