This Article Applies From:
CVI Net Web
Other Applicable Versions
The following guide details DeMeter software suite installation procedure.
It also details the necessary network requirements.
Ensure the server you intend to use for your installation matches the minimum requirements listed in DeMeter Hardware requirements article.
1.3- RavenDB Cores and DRIM
DeMeter uses RavenDB as its primary database.
|Up to 100
|Between 101 and 250
|Between 251 and 500
|501 and above
|When assigning Cores to RavenDB, please consider extending the number of cores assigned to the server running DeMeter. Not doing so would limit the overall system performances of DeMeter.
A figure to be considered is to have a 2 to 1 ratio between the total number of cores and the RavenDB assigned core: if you have 6 cores assigned to RavenDB, you should have a total of 12 cores for your server (with an absolute minimum of 8 cores).
2- Software and Network requirements
2.1- DeMeter software suite overview and description
The softwares within the DeMeter suite you need to install depend on the data you want to retrieve, store and analyse.
Use below description as a reference for each software in the suite.
|DeMeter system core software.
It will allow you to:
|Mandatory to retrieve tightening results from DeSoutter tightening systems (CVI-II / CVI3 / CONNECT) without the need for an additional CVINet installation.
DeMeter Collector is also mandatory tor retrieve tightening results via Open Protocol from third party controllers.
|Open Protocol Adaptor
|It retrieves the data from third party tightening system via a dedicated Open Protocol connection (numerical results - curves).
|Mobile phone application dedicated to Andon calls: key operators are warned whenever an incident occurs on the line.
Keep in mind that DeMeter Collector and Open Protocol Adaptor versions must also both be consistent with each other: see the compatibility matrix below:
|DeMeter Collector and Open Protocol versions compatibility matrix
|DeMeter Collector versions
|1.4.2 or below
|1.5.1 or above
|Open Protocol Adaptor version
|184.108.40.206 or below
|220.127.116.11 or above
Note: DeMeter 2.9.1 is not compatible with DeMeter Collector versions below 1.5.1. Please upgrade the software where required.
2.2- Network requirements
The next chapters list all the ports required by the DeMeter software suite to run, alongside a brief description of their respective purpose.
2.2.1- DeMeter network requirements and port settings
|80 / 443 (*)
|Default communication port for DeMeter API.
|Port used by DeMeterBI for reporting purpose.
|Port dedicated to communication with all Desoutter devices (tightening systems - PivotWare - ....) via MQTT.
|Port dedicated to Feature Management communication with your DRIM.
|Port dedicated to the communication with RavenDB API.
|Port dedicated to CodeMeter. This particular software handles the communication with the DRIM.
2.2.2- DeMeter Collector network requirements and port settings
|Port for communication with:
|Port dedicated to DeMeter Collector monitoring interface.
2.2.3- Open Protocol adapter network requirements and port settings
|Port dedicated for monitoring connected devices and configuring the connections.
|All ports dedicated to tightening data retrieval from third party controller systems. These ports must be consistent with third party configuration
2.2.4- Working with Operator Calls and Alerts
If you wish DeMeter to transfer alerts and operator calls to a mobile phone via the DeMeter Assistant application, DeMeter will need access to the Internet.
The reason for that it that the notification transfer to a mobile phone is handled via a generic solution called Firebase. Its key purpose is to push notifications to a registered phone if the DeMeter Assistant application is closed.
If you do not wish alerts to be transferred to mobile devices, though, this internet access is not required, and DeMeter can operate without it.
2.3- Software requirements
DeMeter requires, either to run or to get installed, a number of software to be installed and up-to-date to run.
2.3.1- Supported Web browsers
The following Web browsers are supported:
- Chrome: starting from V45.
- Firefox: starting from V38.
- Edge: starting from V12.
- Opera: Starting from V30.
2.3.2- Installed software requirements
The following softwares need to be installed on the server running the DeMeter software:
- 32 bits C++ Redistributable 2015 Runtime, or above.
- 64 bits C++ Redistributable 2015 Runtime, or above.
- .Net framework version 5 or above: this particular version should be installed by the DeMeter installation package.
3- DeMeter software suite installation
This section describes the installation procedure for each software within the DeMeter suite.
3.1- DeMeter installation and configuration
3.1.1- DeMeter installation
Pre-requisite : a DRIM must be connected to the target DeMeter server.
- Copy the DeMeter installer to your server.
- Open the installer by double clicking on DeMeter_X.X.X.X_setup.exe.
- Click Install then wait for the installation to end.
- All components listed in the snapshot above must be installed for a first time installation.
- The installer will raise an alarm if it failed to detect a DRIM: see snapshot below.
System state at the end of the installation:
The following services must be started:
- Desoutter DeMeter.
- Desoutter DeMeter BI.
- Desoutter DeMeter DB.
- Desoutter FMService#.
3.1.2- DeMeter further configuration (optional)
This section describes DeMeter port configuration procedure. This procedure is optional: DeMeter can operate with its default port settings.
When to use this procedure:
- When several services use the same default port configuration.
- If you wish to change the default port settings to match your IT department good practices.
To install the software:
- Copy / paste appsettings.json file from C:\Program Files\Desoutter\DeMeter to C:\ProgramData\Desoutter\DeMeter\API.
- Edit port settings fields and fill in with your target parameter. Please refer to 2.2.1- DeMeter network requirements and port settings for a list of all ports open to modification.
- Restart the DeMeter service.
Reminder: while file copied to C:\ProgramData\Desoutter\DeMeter\API is never modified on upgrade, reference file in C:\Program Files\Desoutter\DeMeter may be updated at any time to add / overwrite any port configuration required for a new feature.
Contact your remote support team for any help or additional information about this step of your installation.
3.2- DeMeter Collector installation and configuration (optional)
This section describes DeMeter Collector installation procedure.
This installation is optional, and depends on the data you wish to retrieve. Refer to 2.1- Identifying the required software to install from the DeMeter suite .
3.2.1- DeMeter Collector installation
- Copy the installer to the server.
- Open the installer by double-clicking on DeMeterCollector_X.X.X.X_setup.exe.
- Click Install then wait for the installation to complete.
DeMeter Collector service is started automatically at the end of the installation.
3.2.2- DeMeter Collector further configuration (optional)
This section describes DeMeter Collector port configuration procedure.
This procedure is optional: DeMeter Collector can operate with its default port settings. The same conditions as for DeMeter apply to decide whether a specific configuration needs to be carried out.
To install DeMeter collector:
- Open C:\Program Filess (x86)\Desoutter\DeMeterCollector\appsettings.ini file.
- Edit Server_Port_Number and HMI_Server_Port_Number to match your IT requirements then save the file.
- Restart DeMeter Collector.
3.3- Open Protocol Adapter installation and configuration (optional)
This section describes Open Protocol Adapter installation procedure.
3.3.1- Open Protocol Adapter installation procedure
- Copy the Open Protocol Adapter installer to the DeMeter server.
- Start the installer by double clicking on CVINet_OpenProtocolAdapter_X.X.X.X_setup.exe.
- Start the installation after providing all requested information (we recommend using the default suggested settings). Wait for said installation to complete.
CVINet – Open Protocol Adapter service starts automatically once the installation process is complete.
3.3.2- Open Protocol Adapter License
Starting with DeMeter version 2.9.1, DeMeter Collector version 1.5.1 and Open Protocol version 18.104.22.168, no Open Protocol Licence is necessary anymore.
As soon as Open Protocol Adaptor connects to DeMeter Collector, the system considers that a valid license is active. This can be checked by browsing to http://localhost:8585/Registration via a web browser running on the server.
If you previously had a license installed for your Open Protocol Adaptor, it will be carried over.
3.3.3- Open Protocol Adapter setup
While DeMeter Collector is setup for minimum to no configuration change to be done after installation to connect to DeMeter (providing default settings are used), Open Protocol Adapter needs to be setup separately.
The easiest way to achieve this is to use Open Protocol Adapter dedicated web admin page:
- Navigate to http://localhost:8585/Settings from the server hosting the service.
- Fill in the IP Address and Port Number fields: they must be set to connect to DeMeter Collector. With Open Protocol Adapter installed on the same machine as your DeMeter server and set to its default settings, the values should respectively be set at 127.0.0.1 for the IP Address and 10002 for the Port Number.
Note: the port number must be consistent with the DeMeter Collector port setup for tightening data retrieval.
This section provides a few troubleshooting tips.
- DeMeter service does not start: check that Visual C++ is installed on the server. Refer to 2.3.2- Pre-installed software requirements.
- One or more DeMeter related service does not start: check whether several services do not share the same port. Please use the command netstat -anb launched via a Windows Command Tool started as an administrator to list all attributed ports, and the software they are associated to.
4- DeMeter assistant
This section describes the installation procedure for mobile phone applications.
4.1- Supported operating system
|Android 6 +
4.2- Application installation
For ANDROID, please use the procedure below:
- Download the DeMeter Assistant application from the Android Play Store:
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.desoutter.demeter.assistant&hl=fr from the Android Play Store.
- Use the QR Code here to open the Play Store on your mobile device:
For iOS, please use the procedure below:
- Download the DeMeter Assistant application from the App Store:
- Use the QR code here to open the App Store on your mobile device:
5- Further readings
This section is a list of recommended articles to further discover DeMeter or to setup additional options.
5.1- Further system configuration
DeMeter allows you to add you very own certificate to secure connection to DeMeter web server: How to install a certificate for DeMeter.
5.2- DeMeter configuration
The Desoutter support portal holds a number of articles that can provide you with further insight on the configuration of DeMeter. We recommend in particular the following articles:
- DeMeter configurator: a short introduction to DeMeter setup menu.
- Configuration workflow: a short description of the key steps to take to configure DeMeter.
- Setting- up connectors: how to configure DeMeter to connect to the various devices setup for data retrieval.
5.3- Controller configuration
The Desoutter support portal provides you with additional information about the controller configuration for operation with DeMeter.